Monday, February 1, 2010

MS - A SEUSSIAN TREATMENT (I Have MS. I Am a Mess.)



(For Kimberly, who started this by posting the first line in a forum discussion about incontinence products.  I said it sounded like a Dr. Seuss poem.  She said, "I'll give you a few minutes".  I think she knows me pretty well.)


I have MS, I am a mess
The doctor tells me not to stress
My feet are numb, my eyes are blurred
I struggle to find my next word
The meds I take are priced quite high
To keep the faith I try and try
My family cries, “Do this! Do that!
You need to rub on Emu fat,
and try stuff we saw on TV!
You should get disability!”
They all have answers for my plight
but nothing makes my legs work right
I’ve tried it all and nonetheless
I have MS. I am a mess.

Barbara Robinson
2/9/09

Video 1/11/2012

You can refer to my recent blog post to (possibly) interpret what compelled me to put this poem to video.





2 comments:

  1. I think I like this one the most- and of course know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my first comment - yay! :) This is my personal favorite too (so far).

    ReplyDelete